Wednesday 13 August 2014

12 Things that made me fall in love with Croatia

I have been fortunate to have travelled to many different countries, soaked up cultures,
even the opportunity to live in China, England and now Germany.
There isn't a place that I have visited that I would not want to go back to,
but there are a few that have stolen a piece of my heart forever.

Turkey was the first, my backpacking trip there in my twenties was amazing.
Friendly people, beautiful landscape, the experience of standing on the shores at Gallipoli.
 I have been hankering to get back to Turkey ever since.

Then China, ahhh China. So beautiful, so diverse. From the bright lights 
of Shanghai to the minority groups in Guizhou, the cultures, the food!
I could go back to live in China tomorrow.

Now I have finally discovered Croatia!
A place I have always wanted to visit.
Another piece of my heart goes to this wonderful country.

1. Dubrovnik Old Town, a joy to walk around, soak up the history, culture,
and sample local food.


2. The Walk on the Ancient City Walls of Dubrovnik, the history learned....

City Wall, Old Town, Dubrovnik

...and the views!

City Wall, Old Town, Dubrovnik

3. The Cable Car and the views over Dubrovnik from The Mount of Srdj

Cable Car Dubrovnik Old Town

4. The stunning Croatian countryside and fresh produce.

Farmland Croatia

5. The history of Croatia, including 'The European Great Wall'

Mali Ston, Old Wall, Croatia

6. The gorgeous fishing villages.

Mali Ston, Old Wall, Croatia

7. The warm, clear, azure blue sea, spectacular to look at, delightful to swim in.

Lapad Bay, Dubrovnik

8. The beautiful port, the smell of salt water and wooden boats bobbing in the breeze.

Port, Dubrovnik

9. The people, laid back and friendly!

Musician, Old Town, Dubrovnik

Embroidery, Cavtat, Croatia

10. The food...oh the freshest and sweetest of oysters!

Mali Ston, Oysters

11. The Croatian wine. Superb!

Croatian White Wine, Lapad Bay, Dubrovnik

12. The sunsets!

Sunset, Lapad Bay, Dubrovnik

Sunset, Mount Srdj, Dubrovnik

Sunset, Cavtat, Croatia

Stay tuned for more of the delights of Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment